Alcatel-Lucent addresses the business needs of service providers, industries and public institutions. Our networks enable our customers to unleash their business value and build successful digital services. Every success has its network.
- Telecommunications : Telecommunications service providers unleash the value in their networks with our IP networking, cloud, and ultra-broadband access innovations.
- Cable MSOs: Cable MSOs accelerate IP transformation with our ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access, IP and optical networks, and cloud platforms.
- Defense: Defense forces respond smarter and faster and maintain control everywhere with our highly secured military communications solutions.
- Governments: Governments transform themselves into smart governments with our ultra-broadband, cloud, and machine-to-machine (M2M) innovations.
- Public safety: First responders work quickly and safely by using our public safety communication solutions to deliver mission-critical voice, data, and video services.
- Highways: Highway agencies and road operators ensure safe, connected travel by using our ultra-broadband network to build, renew, and migrate to intelligent transportation systems .
- Large enterprises: Large healthcare, financial, manufacturing, and retail enterprises solve new IT challenges with our agile and scalable IP communications, transport, data center, and cloud solutions.
- Oil & gas: Oil & gas companies increase their efficiency, safety and geographic reach by using our all-IP and ultra-broadband innovations to transition to the digital oil field.
- Power utilities: Power utilities use our smart grid communications solutions to streamline their operations, deliver power reliably, and drive smarter energy management.
- Railways: Railways provide on-time, safe, and connected journeys by using our ultra-broadband network to build, renew and migrate to smart rail systems.
Our market share
Core networking segment
- #2 in IP services edge routing with 27% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- #2 in Evolved Packet Core with 19% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- #3 in total routing and switching with 15% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- #2 in total optical networking with 13% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- #2 in total 100 Gbps port shipments through 2013¹
- #1 in IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Voice Application Servers and IMS Call Session Control based on revenues in 2013. We currently have 110 IMS customer projects including 43 with live commercial traffic.¹²
- Approximately 100 Subscriber Data Management deployments supporting more than 1 billion subscribers¹
- Approximately 30 active Network Intelligence deployments supporting services for more than 150 million subscribers¹
- Customer experience solution deployments for approximately 260 of the world’s leading service providers¹
- 15 Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) projects with major service providers around the world¹
- #1 in CDMA with 37% market share based on revenues in 2012¹
- #4 in total wireless radio access networks (RAN) with 12.7% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- #4 in LTE with 13.8% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- Small cell industry leader with 65 customer contracts through the end of 2013¹
- #1 in CDMA, #4 in W-CDMA and #4 in GSM/GPRS/edge based on revenues in 2013¹
- #1 in broadband access with 48% digital subscriber line (DSL) market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- #1 in very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line (VDSL2) with 51% market share based on revenues in 2013. We currently have 18 contracts and over 55 trials for VDSL2 vectoring¹²
- #2 in gigabit passive optical network (GPON) technology with 25% market share based on revenues in 2013¹
- Managed services contracts in approximately 80 networks covering more than 200 million subscribers¹