Our industrial strategy
The Shift Plan is a comprehensive plan to refocus Alcatel-Lucent as a specialist in IP networking, cloud and ultra-broadband access — the technologies at the heart of next-generation networks. Launched in 2013, the plan gives us a framework for delivering innovation that shapes the future of the industry and ensures our profitable growth.
The plan’s 1st chapter has delivered positive results: Our turnaround is on track and we are on solid financial footing.
The Shift Plan’s 2nd chapter presents a new mission: to invent and deliver networks that help our customers unleash business value.
As we pursue these goals, we will apply a customer approach that breaks down barriers to digital services success. We understand the factors that keep our customers from doing more for their subscribers, employees and constituents. We are committed to removing network and business constraints to help our customers maximize connectivity, reduce complexity and build sustainable commercial success.
Through innovation and transformation, and by growing with our customers, we are building the future successfully together. Every success has its network.
The Shift Plan
The Shift Plan targets Euro 2 billion in debt reprofiling between 2013 and 2015 and future debt reduction of Euro 2 billion.
- Alcatel-Lucent announces the world’s first deployment of its Enterprise Small Cell technology
- Alcatel-Lucent strengthens the critical communications network of Dallas
- Alcatel-Lucent awarded bids for its ground-breaking IP core router by China Telecom, China Unicom and China Mobile
- [CenturyLink press release] CenturyLink builds next generation IP core network with Alcatel-Lucent
- [Telekom Austria press release] First ultra-broadband customer in the world with G.fast
- Alcatel-Lucent collaborates with Korea’s KT to accelerate the shift to NFV
- WOW! Business deploys Alcatel-Lucent IP technology to enhance broadband services for business and wholesale customers
- [Nuage Networks press release] Numergy selects Nuage Networks software-defined networking solution for its new cloud infrastructure
- [Nuage Networks press release] Nuage Networks provides comprehensive software-defined networking (SDN) solution to leading health provider UPMC
- Alcatel-Lucent reports Q4 and full year 2014 results
- Alcatel-Lucent reports Q3 2014 results
- Alcatel-Lucent closes sale of Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise to China Huaxin
- Alcatel-Lucent announces early repayment of USD 1,750 million senior secured credit facility and release of attached pledges
- Alcatel-Lucent reports Q2 2014 results
- Alcatel-Lucent announces the results of its tender offer process
- Alcatel-Lucent announces exercise-in-full of over-allotment options increasing the amount of 2019 and 2020 convertible bonds to approximately EUR 1 148.7 million
Innovation & research
- Alcatel-Lucent announces technology partnership with Partech Shaker – the world’s first campus dedicated to digital open innovation
- Bell Labs announces the 2015 Prize now open to game-changing ideas with the power to disrupt communications
- [Qualcomm Press Release] Qualcomm and Alcatel-Lucent join forces with T-Mobile to accelerate licensed assisted access adoption
- Alcatel-Lucent combines the best of Wi-Fi® and LTE to enhance mobile performance and offer a consistent high-quality subscriber experience
- Alcatel-Lucent demonstrates how its virtualized radio access network technology will transform ultra-broadband mobile access
- Alcatel-Lucent’s Universal TWDM technology to accelerate deployment of superfast gigabit ultra-broadband access services
- Bell Labs study reveals how integrating IP and optical technologies can ease network capacity demands by 40% and reduce operational costs
- Bell Labs announces winners for 2014 prize showcasing innovative ideas with the power to change communications
- [GreenTouch Press Release] New GreenTouch innovations to reduce energy consumption in wireline access communications networks by 46 percent
- [HP Press Release] HP and Alcatel-Lucent Strengthen Global Alliance
- Thomson Reuters recognizes Alcatel-Lucent as a Top 100 Global Innovator for the 4th year running
- Alcatel-Lucent and Crystal System Consulting demonstrate 4G LTE mobile solution for defense and security teams at the “Course du Rhum” ocean race
- Alcatel-Lucent extends capacity of existing fiber-based ultra-broadband access networks with breakthrough technology
- Alcatel-Lucent opens first-of-its-kind network center in Tokyo
- Accenture and Alcatel-Lucent collaborate to help clients monetize ultra-broadband opportunities
- JCDecaux and Alcatel-Lucent join forces to speed up the roll-out of connected street furniture
- Third new Bell Labs research facility to open in Silicon Valley focused on cloud and SDN