Metro aggregation networks are under extreme pressure. They must support new advances in ultra-broadband access, increasing demand for mobile backhaul transport, and more dynamic data center and cloud connectivity services.
Alcatel-Lucent Cloud-Optimized Metro solutions enable Service Providers to move the metro network forward with the agility, scale and efficiency needed to meet the demands of new application-driven, on-demand services.
The metro network must evolve
- Both broadcast and on-demand video are rapidly increasing in popularity. Metro video traffic (including pay TV and Internet video) is forecasted to increase 720% by 2017. That increase will lead to considerably higher volumes of traffic as well as shifts in traffic patterns to deliver that video to users everywhere.
- The increasing number and importance of data centers is pushing IP and Carrier Ethernet services to become more aligned to data center-driven requirements. Those services must therefore be more dynamic and automated to support on-demand, instantaneous network connectivity.
Is your metro network ready for what’s coming?
Agility to rapidly deliver high performance, on-demand, application-optimized cloud services.
With our Cloud-Optimized Metro solution, you’ll have the ability to exploit CE 2.0 and the potential of SDN in the wide area network (WAN). And that means you can:
- Deliver MEF certified Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE 2.0) services
- Adapt to the dynamic, on-demand requirements of cloud/data center connectivity services
- Leverage proven service provisioning and validation tools
Scale to support 10Gb/s, 40Gb/s,
100Gb/s and beyond within the metro.
Our advanced platforms, metro architecture, and more scalable protocols give you:
- Industry-leading, highly scalable IP and Optical metro access and aggregation
- A flexible “metro core” architecture supporting network convergence with minimal impact to service operations or organizations
- Network protocols such as Seamless MPLS to facilitate massively scaled metro networks
Efficiency to drive down network costs
by eliminating duplication and optimizing resources.
Our innovations in end-to-end network management and SDN control reduce complexity and cost, so you get more out of your network resources:
- Reduce duplication through IP-optical network integration
- More efficiently visualize and manage network resources
- Drive higher network utilization without sacrificing network or service reliability
With Alcatel-Lucent’s next-generation Cloud-Optimized Metro solution,
the answer to all these questions is yes.
Why a Cloud-Optimized Metro Solution?
Innovation is at the heart of our metro aggregation networks. Customers benefit from Alcatel-Lucent’s expertise in IP and Optical networking, with industry-leading port densities of 10Gb/s, 40Gb/s, 100Gb/s and beyond. We’re also innovators in ultra-broadband access, including vectoring and bonding for copper, PON-based technology for fiber, and LTE/LTE-Advanced for mobile.
Alcatel-Lucent’s cloud-inspired and cloud-based techniques will allow you to better manage network resources, run networks at higher levels of utilization, and better balance traffic across the network.
We can help you deliver innovative cloud connectivity services that will yield new revenue streams. Partner with Alcatel-Lucent for your Cloud-Optimized Metro solutions and realize the many benefits:
- Drive new revenue by delivering new categories of services
- Stay ahead of the bandwidth curve
- Get more out of existing network assets
- Rapidly provision and validate services
- Simplify network operations and management
Alcatel-Lucent’s end-to-end portfolio of innovative products and technologies supports the most advanced metro aggregation networks, driving agility, scale and efficiency.
1Footnote: Source: Bell Labs metro network traffic study, 2012-2017