Metro cells are a cost-effective solution for multiplying capacity, but there are challenges to deploying them successfully in urban areas. lightRadio Metro Cell Express is a managed service, delivered as a Build - Operate Assist - Transfer (BOT) offer, that is specifically designed to accelerate metro cell deployments, as well as simplify their operations and maintenance.
As part of our Small Cells portfolio, our lightRadio Metro Cell Express solution delivers improved coverage, higher capacity and an enhanced customer experience. A mobile data storm is on its way. Over the next five years, it is projected that operators will face a 25x increase in mobile data demand. lightRadio Metro Cell Express can be a vital piece of the answer.
Invisible cells: The aesthetic challenge of small cells
Mobile network operators are looking to add capacity, expand coverage, and improve quality of service...
Whitepaper: Small Cells show great potential in urban hotspots
The paper highlights the impact that the technology could have in urban hotspots...
lightRadio Metro Cell Express. Beyond the Box.
"OPERATORS NEED A VENDOR WHO APPRECIATES THE WHOLE STORY"
Bell Labs Field Services, Alcatel-Lucent
A Bell Labs services manager walks us through a New York story of densely populated spaces and explains why operators need a new approach to capacity issues.
"I THINK PEOPLE EXPECT TO BE ON-GRID ALL THE TIME"
Events Director, KXT 91.7 FM
Discover why a Dallas events manager puts connectivity first when choosing a venue. Especially when 6,000 people are relying on her for good bands and even better bandwidth.
"LONDON IS A PROTECTED SKYLINE AND WE’RE GOVERNED BY A LOT OF RESTRICTIONS"
Building Services Director
In 2012, London hosts the Olympic Games for the second time since its inception. Find out how a building services director prepares for the massive surge in mobile demand during this prestigious event.
Watch Frank’s New York story
Watch Sarah-Jane’s Dallas story
Watch Andy’s London story
Watch the overview video
- lightRadio Metro Cell Express Site Selection Animation
- Mike Schabel talk on lightRadio Metro Cell Express at HetNet Conference
- Mobile Europe Insight Report 2012
- Small Cells - The Bigger Picture
- Metro Cells - Placing Coverage and Capacity where it is Needed
- Metro Cells Business Case: A cost-effective option for meeting growing capacity demands
- Sprint to leverage Alcatel-Lucent's lightRadio to bring high-capacity 4G LTE mobile broadband coverage and speeds to busy public locations
- Article: Traffic Geo-Location Optimizes Offload Using Small Cells
- Interview with David Swift on Metro Cells