Get maximum value from network functions virtualization (NFV) with Alcatel-Lucent cloud solutions. Our open, multivendor carrier cloud portfolio offers service providers ready-to-go technologies that remove risk and complexity from NFV transformation.
Our solutions help you streamline operations, launch services faster, and reduce cost by virtualizing network applications such as IP communications, mobile networks, and content delivery networks.
With our portfolio, you gain the freedom of the cloud. So you become more dynamic and efficient, and increase your market relevance.
Capitalize on the potential of NFV
NFV's software-driven approach offers opportunities to reduce operating expenses by automating processes such as application deployment, maintenance and capacity planning.
NFV can reduce equipment costs and power consumption, too.
But the ultimate benefits of NFV may prove to be shorter time to market and faster ramp-up of new services and functionality.
Alcatel-Lucent can help you capitalize on the potential of NFV. Our cloud portfolio combines our in-depth understanding of
telecommunications industry requirements with expertise gained from the IT, Internet and networking industries.
We continually improve our portfolio using insights we gain from customer collaboration and from our contributions to NFV open-source projects and industry standards such as the ETSI NFV industry specification group.
Our unique blend of skills, innovation and leadership can help you unlock the value of NFV without compromising the service experience.
Ready to move to NFV and transform with the cloud? Contact us to get started.
The move to NFV increases cost efficiency and agility and opens up new business opportunities
From conventional infrastructure...
...to a software-defined environment
NFV: The future of telecommunications
Our vision for the future of telecommunications networks is based on virtualizing the key functions of the network. We're advancing this vision with NFV-ready applications, an advanced NFV platform, and a growing NFV partner ecosystem.
Succeed in the cloud with cost-effective, virtualized network functions that preserve the features and performance they provide on native infrastructures.
Increase speed and efficiency as you deliver dynamic network, communications, and video services from our virtualized network functions.
- Virtualized Service Router (VSR): Deliver more dynamic network services in a more flexible, efficient way with our VSR. It offers greater flexibility in network design and lowers the barrier for new service introduction.
- Virtualized IP Multimedia Subsystem (vIMS) and Virtualized Evolved Packet Core (vEPC): Benefit from full feature sets and carrier-grade performance for a new conversation experience over fixed or mobile networks.
- Virtualized Content Delivery Network (vCDN): Further simplify and improve the quality of experience for online IP video delivery with virtualization, automation, and reporting features.
And, we save you money by making it possible to deploy these applications on an NFV infrastructure built on commercial off-the-shelf servers.
Capitalize on the potential of NFV with a platform that can automate your operations while maintaining the high performance of carrier-grade virtualized applications.
Build a fully automated and highly distributed cloud infrastructure with centralized management and orchestration that optimizes services between the network and the cloud environment with our CloudBand™ NFV platform.
CloudBand is a fully open NFV platform that can integrate any SDN controller, including our Nuage Networks™ Virtualized Services Platform. The result is a robust, programmable SDN network infrastructure that extends throughout the datacenter and across the WAN.
No service provider, vendor, or application developer can make the NFV journey alone. That's why we're working to build partnerships that will help the industry accelerate the transition to NFV.
Our CloudBand™ Ecosystem Program provides a live lab environment in which service providers, NFV solution partners, and NFV application vendors can exchange ideas and drive the industry forward.
And our Cloud Transformation Services help service providers make the move to NFV. We accelerate and de-risk NFV transition with support that covers business analysis, design, integration, deployment, and maintenance.
With the introduction of SDN and NFV designed to run on x86 servers, it seems purpose-built routers will become a thing of the past. Should this be the rule of thumb?
SDN and NFV help operators deliver next generation network innovation and services with great scale and agility.
- Alcatel-Lucent brings IP routing to cloud with most complete portfolio of virtualized IP Edge router functions
- Collaborative study on server architecture for future networks
- Alcatel-Lucent announces global collaboration with Intel to speed industry move to cloud
- Alcatel-Lucent join forces with Telefónica to accelerate industry shift to Network Functions Virtualization
- China Mobile and Alcatel-Lucent demonstrate progress of mobile NFV development with voice and video demo via a cloud-based LTE network
- 2014 Capacity Magazine SDN business briefing
- GTB Phil Tilley article "Largest telcos 'committed to NFV' but it will be a 5-10-year project"
- The future of networking is now: Alcatel-Lucent can show you how
- Alcatel-Lucent VSR-Route reflector: Creating a new benchmark for performance and scalability
- Alcatel-Lucent Virtualized EPC: Delivering on the promise of NFV and SDN
- CloudBand Ecosystem Program
- Motive Dynamic Operations
- Mobile Meets Cloud with NFV
- Cloud Communications
- IP Mobile Core