Our industrial strategy
10 stories of growth, innovation, and transformation that show how Alcatel-Lucent is shaping the network.
The Shift Plan is a comprehensive plan to refocus Alcatel-Lucent as a specialist in IP networking, cloud and ultra-broadband access — the technologies at the heart of next-generation networks. Launched in 2013, the plan gives us a framework for delivering innovation that shapes the future of the industry and ensures our profitable growth.
The plan’s 1st chapter has delivered positive results: Our turnaround is on track and we are on solid financial footing.
The Shift Plan’s 2nd chapter presents a new mission: to invent and deliver networks that help our customers unleash business value.
As we pursue these goals, we will apply a customer approach that breaks down barriers to digital services success. We understand the factors that keep our customers from doing more for their subscribers, employees and constituents. We are committed to removing network and business constraints to help our customers maximize connectivity, reduce complexity and build sustainable commercial success.
Through innovation and transformation, and by growing with our customers, we are building the future successfully together. Every success has its network.
The Shift Plan
The Shift Plan targets Euro 2 billion in debt reprofiling between 2013 and 2015 and future debt reduction of Euro 2 billion.
- Alcatel-Lucent transforms network operations for Chorus in New Zealand to improve cost effectiveness and end-user satisfaction
- Alcatel-Lucent to deliver fiber optic submarine broadband connectivity to oil and gas production facilities offshore Angola
- Alcatel-Lucent and Chunghwa Telecom launch world’s first commercial deployment of G.fast ultra-broadband access technology in Taiwan
- China Mobile deploys Nuage Networks SDN technology for DevOps private cloud
- Alcatel-Lucent and Telefónica explore implementation of NFV to accelerate the transformation of networks
- Alcatel-Lucent’s Motive software portfolio selected by Robi to deliver OSS transformation in Bangladesh
- Alcatel-Lucent’s expertise in IP video technology enables Denmark’s TDC Group to extend premium services into new markets
- Alcatel-Lucent to provide KPN with Rapport™ communications software for mobile and fixed networks for any device
- Alcatel-Lucent enables Windstream to launch its next-generation TV service Kinetic in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- Alcatel-Lucent and Trilliant deploy IP utility network to strengthen safety and improve responsiveness for Washington Gas
- Alcatel-Lucent content delivery network technology selected by Wind to support its launch of premium video and TV services in Italy
- Alcatel-Lucent Reports Q3 2015 Results
- Nokia announces receipt of all required regulatory approvals to proceed with the filing of its public exchange offer for Alcatel-Lucent
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- Alcatel-Lucent announces governance structure to prepare company for proposed combination with Nokia
- Alcatel-Lucent Reports Q2 2015 Results
- European Commission approves Nokia's proposed acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent
- Alcatel-Lucent: results of Shareholders’ meeting of May 26, 2015
- Alcatel-Lucent Reports Q1 2015 Results
- Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent to combine to create an innovative leader in next-generation technology and services for an IP connected world
- Alcatel-Lucent announces the filing and availability of the 2014 ‘Document de Référence’ and the 2014 Annual Report on Form 20-F
- Alcatel-Lucent reports Q4 and full year 2014 results
Innovation & research
- Alcatel-Lucent and nbn™ carry out successful trial of G.fast technology in Australia to extend capacity of ultra-broadband access
- Alcatel-Lucent to meet demand for ultra-broadband access and gigabit services with new innovations in fiber and copper technology
- BT and Alcatel-Lucent achieve 5 gigabits per second speeds over copper broadband
- Alcatel-Lucent brings power of G.fast to more operators with launch of versatile new multi-port micro-node
- Alcatel-Lucent introduces industry’s first Vplus products to fill gap between G.fast and VDSL2 Vectoring technologies
- Alcatel-Lucent expands fiber technology portfolio for operators to scale next generation fiber deployments in line with gigabit demand
- New CRC Press Book Provides a Bell Labs Perspective into the Future of Communications
- Alcatel-Lucent achieves distance record for undersea data transmission over more than 10,000 km using unique 300G technology
- Leading companies and research organizations join forces in FANTASTIC-5G research project to speed development of a flexible air interface below 6 GHz for 5G networks
- GreenTouch exceeds mission goals, delivers new technology to improve energy efficiency in wireless networks by more than 10,000X
- Bell Labs and Technische Universität Dresden sign agreement to collaborate on advancing the development of 5G networks
- Bell Labs offers glimpse into the future of the network at New Jersey event honoring rich history of innovation
- Bell Labs study reveals how integrating IP and optical technologies can ease network capacity demands by 40% and reduce operational costs
- Alcatel-Lucent announces technology partnership with Partech Shaker – the world’s first campus dedicated to digital open innovation
- Bell Labs announces the 2015 Prize now open to game-changing ideas with the power to disrupt communications