Increase grid efficiency, reliability, and safety by migrating your operational communications to an Alcatel-Lucent adaptive grid network.
Built for power utilities, our smart grid communications solution lets you converge your communication systems into one cost-effective IP/MPLS-based network. This converged network gives you the flexibility to optimize emerging IP-based smart grid applications and extend remote monitoring, control, and automation to new devices. It also gives you the performance and security you need to support existing SCADA and teleprotection communications.
We use our technologies and experience to remove cost and risk from the migration process.
Our smart grid communications solution gives you:
- Field-proven IP network transformation and utility communications experience
- Our award-winning 7705 Service Aggregation Router family with substation-hardened IP/MPLS routers, enhanced security, and proven teleprotection support
- A broad portfolio that can adapt to any challenge while keeping you on schedule and on budget
- End-to-end network management capabilities that help you use utility terminology to simplify daily operations
Our smart grid solution lets you combine the capabilities of several of our utility communications solutions, including:
- Network and data management – Simplify operations with automation that optimizes the performance of services, IP/MPLS networks, and support system processes.
- Cyber security – Reduce costs, ease regulatory compliance, and safeguard communications with an end-to-end security solution that includes integrated firewall and encryption capabilities.
We back the smart grid solution with services that minimize your risk and ensure your success. Our services span the transformation lifecycle, from planning and design to deployment and maintenance. Take full advantage of our Bell Labs Consulting and professional services portfolios.
- Deploying IP/MPLS communications networks for smart grids
- Enabling reliable teleprotection transport over IP/MPLS
- Multi-drop data bridge solution for SCADA application migration to IP/MPLS
- Meeting NERC CIP reliability requirements
- Got Green? Then Get Smart. Fortnightly, Dec. 2015
- Keeping the Lights on in the Face of the TDM Sunset
- IP migration for utilities: Managing change for smarter operations
- AltaLink’s smart grid transformation creates flexibility and value
- Creos Luxembourg saves time and money with IP/MPLS network
- Smart grid and more: Chattanooga, TN, power utility switches to fiber optics for better electric service, and to provide broadband
- OG&E’s smart grid revolutionizes network control
- Transpower New Zealand: Providing modern communications for New Zealand’s national electricity grid