7210 Service Access Switch
The Alcatel-Lucent 7210 Service Access Switch (SAS) portfolio of compact Ethernet access and aggregation devices is an excellent fit for:
- Carrier Ethernet transformation across the metro access network
- Demarcation for business networking services
- Mobile backhaul applications
- Enterprise and mission critical applications
Available in a variety of form factors and configurations, the 7210 SAS provides comprehensive support for Ethernet, IP, MPLS, PBB, MPLS-TP along with advanced Hierarchical-QoS and OAM. The 7210 SAS provides the deployment flexibility, service richness and operational intelligence to extend Carrier Ethernet throughout the metro access network.
The Alcatel-Lucent 7210 SAS is Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet 2.0 certified across E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree and E-Access service types. As a member of the industry-leading Service Router product portfolio, the 7210 SAS runs the Alcatel-Lucent Service Router Operating System (SR OS) and is managed by the 5620 Service Aware Manager for seamless integration into end-to-end Carrier Ethernet and IP/MPLS solutions from Alcatel-Lucent.
Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet (CE) 2.0 Certified
Benefits & Features
Accelerate network upgrades while provisioning for future growth
A variety of platforms provides the right fit for any application and growth scenario.
Supports business, mobile and residential services
Supports enterprise and mission critical applications
Ethernet, IP, MPLS, MPLS-TP, PBB and 10GE/GE service delivery options with support for control plane and fabric redundancy
ITU-T Sync-E, IEEE 1588v2 synchronization and WDM optical integration
Unlock new revenue streams
- Transform end-user experiences with innovative VPLS, VLL, IP VPN and enhanced Internet services
- Deliver service SLAs with Hierarchical-QoS, extensive OAM tools, and sophisticated MPLS and Ethernet resiliency options
- Advanced service assurance capabilities simplify service activation, troubleshooting and SLA management
- SR OS and 5620 SAM support across the Service Router portfolio provides cohesive alignment across access, aggregation and service edge for end to end service consistency