7342 ISAM FTTU (ETSI)
The 7342 Intelligent Services Access Manager Fiber to the User (ISAM FTTU) system is Alcatel-Lucent's flagship Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) solution for use in fiber to the home and business applications. Based on FSAN standards, the 7342 ISAM FTTU provides triple play services (voice, video and data) over one fiber strand.
Its GPON implementation is unmatched in features - 2.5 Gb/s bandwidth, 20 km reach, and the most robust QoS for triple play services. The Alcatel-Lucent 7342 ISAM FTTU integrates smoothly with legacy voice and RF video networks, supports next generation services such as IPTV and VoIP, and offers true gigabit download speeds. As an all IP-based platform, the 7342 ISAM FTTU can decrease operating costs by using a passive outside plant, and reduce churn with attractive service bundles, increasing revenue and decreasing subscriber acquisition cost.
- Lowest cost solution for delivering triple play services in new construction
- Delivers up to 4-8 times more bandwidth compared to other PON technologies
- Simplified network operations and outside plant reduces ongoing maintenance
- Increased revenue from a full suite of services, including digital video and ultra-broadband Internet access
- Cost-effective convergence, enabling IMS through SIP and IPTV
- 2.488/1.25 Gb/s PON rate using FSAN-specified G.984.3 GPON capsulation method (GEM)
- FSAN-specified ONT Manager Control Interface (OMCI) per G.984.4
- Managed using existing Alcatel-Lucent broadband management systems
- Range of optical network terminals designed for single family and multi-dwelling/tenant units, as well as termination of classical business services
- 28 dB optical budget for longer reach
- Up to 64 endpoints per PON for cost effective distribution
- Provides interface to legacy voice services using modern VOIP and SIP/H.248 protocols