7750 Service Router - Mobile Gateway
The 7750 SR mobile gateway is a high-performance, flexible and agile platform optimized to deliver the next generation of ultra-broadband mobile services with exceptional performance and scale. Mobile gateway functions supported by the 7750 SR include:
- Cellular gateways for cellular radio access networks
- Trusted wireless access gateway (TWAG) for 3GPP trusted access networks
- Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG) for untrusted non-3GPP networks
For LTE and 2G/3G radio access networks (RANs), the 7750 SR mobile gateway functions can act as the Serving Gateway (SGW), PDN Gateway (PGW) and/or Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN) either separately or in combination.
Trusted Wireless Access Gateway (TWAG)
When deployed as a TWAG, the 7750 SR supports interworking and session continuity between the mobile packet core and trusted Wi-Fi radio access networks (Wi-Fi RAN) which support capabilities that include 3GPP network access, secure authentication, and RAN encryption. The TWAG supports a range of authentication capabilities to enable the delivery of mobile services over the Trusted Wi-Fi RAN.
Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG)
The 7750 as an ePDG gives operators the ability to expand their presence by providing delivery of mobile packet services over untrusted network access, including residential, public and enterprise Wi-Fi hotspots. It provides session continuity when moving from cellular to untrusted non-3GPP networks and supports a range of authentication mechanisms.
Benefits & Features
Deliver optimized ultra-broadband mobile services with scale and performance
- Support of advanced high-touch treatment on each packet flow (classification, filtering, advanced QoS, charging, accounting, etc) leveraging Alcatel-Lucent’s FP network silicon
- Advanced (layer 3-7) data plane processing with Alcatel-Lucent’s Application Assurance (AA) providing application and subscriber-level policy and enforcement
Simplify the network, reduce costs
- Single platform and software operating system (SR OS) providing support for:
- Cellular (SGW, PGW, GGSN)
- Trusted Wireless access (TWAG)
- Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG)
- Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF)
- Application Detection Controller (ADC)
- Security (IPSec) Gateway
- Wi-Fi WLAN Gateway
- Fixed-mobile convergence with Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) interoperability for residential service and Provider Edge (PE) capability for VPN Services
- Simplified operations with end-to-end service aware management with 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM)
Flexibly grow and evolve the mobile network
- Proven technology to scale ultra-broadband mobile services with no performance deterioration across massive number of IP service packet flows
- Flexibility to support network functions virtualization (NFV) with the Virtualized Mobile Gateway (VMG).