The Directory Server (DS) is a high-performance LDAP-driven database system that enables the shift to a subscriber-centered data model. Carriers and enterprises benefit from a consolidated profile store to drive next-generation services and increase personalization across applications.
The DS uses a flexible data model with data integrity and enables spontaneous changes to schemas for new application information. A key component of the Alcatel-Lucent Subscriber Data Management Solution, the DS features high-performance throughput in a small footprint and is scalable for very large networks. Data redundancy eliminates single points of failure within and across data centers.
Included with the DS is an open-source SDK that speeds the development and integration of third-party applications. A full complement of professional services such as integration, consulting, schema development and staff augmentation is also available.
Benefits & Features
Increases competitiveness with flexible subscriber identity management across multiple applications
- Centralized data store to support greater personalization
- Highly flexible data model with data integrity for simplified application integration
- Spontaneous changes to schemas for new application information with interruption avoidance
Reduces CAPEX and TCO with data store consolidation and economical scalability
- Reduced hardware requirements (up to 80 percent), administration and power/cooling costs
- Simplified data redundancy, high performance and availability with increased volume and connections
- Commercial off-the-shelf IT hardware capitalizing on architecture and carrier-grade OS innovations
Reduces OPEX with powerful centralized management tools and outage avoidance
- Strong data protection controls to provide data integrity and reduce the risk of bad data
- Centralized system management for ease of provisioning, with improved security and accountability
- Rapid, secure migration of legacy directory servers with prove-out using real data/applications