Take the train further by supporting mission-critical applications such as signaling and other services on a single converged network. Leverage your current infrastructure as it evolves into a smart rail system to reduce cost, improve efficiency and safety, and create new revenue streams
Simplify operations with a single, converged IP rail communications network. Increase your flexibility to better manager passenger and cargo traffic.
Empower your smart rail system with a single, highly resilient, and secure communications network. Better anticipate and prevent risks to passengers, cargo, and assets by keeping in touch with everything on your smart rail in real time.
Offer passengers the connected services they crave with a unified, ultra-broadband network that combines LTE and IP/MPLS. Take advantage of multi-tenant capacity to explore new business models for generating non-fare revenue.
See how our smart rail solutions can help you take the train further to ensure on-time, safe, and connected journeys.
A converged packet-based communication network offers more flexibility while reducing cost and maintaining security.
A wavelength division multiplexing optical and microwave communications opens the gates to introduce new bandwidth hungry application and services.
4G LTE allows the consolidation of multiple radio systems into one unified ground-to-train communication solution.
The Future of Smart Rail
Imagine the future of smart rail systems enabled by intelligent communications solutions.
Watch the video
Press Release - Fiber-optic technology for China railway authorities
Communications backbone networks of Beijing and Nanning Railway Bureaus upgraded to ensure safe, on-time journeys and support future migration to intelligent rail communications.
Read Press Release
Mission-critical communications networks for railway operators
Deliver a converged, IP/MPLS-based communications network with next-generation products and advanced management tools.
See the application note
Migrating from SDH/SONET networks to IP/MPLS networks
This paper discusses the key considerations for network migration planning and provides a blueprint for SDH/SONET-to-IP/MPLS migration.
Read the white paper
Alp Transit Gotthard on track with world’s longest railway tunnel
Azienda Trasporti Milanesi deploys intelligent rail solution for Milan Metro
MBTA migrates network to improve rail security
Paris Transit Authority implements successful automation on the Paris Metro
RATP boosting communications with all-IP ultra-broadband network
REFER Telecom migrates networks to a unified IP/MPLS
Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) deploys optical network
Tecrail project provides the foundation for adoption of LTE
- CMC Engineering helps ensure safety and efficiency of driverless trains in Malaysia
- Hyundai Rotem rolls out mission-critical communications infrastructure for light rails in South Korea
- Jernbaneverket installs high-speed communications network in Norway
- Orange, SFR, and Bouygues TelecomMobile connect telephone and Internet services in the Channel Tunnel
- Spanish high-speed train installs critical communications
- Building a mission-critical communications network - Network transformation for IP CCTV
- Modernizing mission-critical private networks with packet microwave backhaul
- Transforming mission-critical networks - IP/MPLS network transformation to support SCADA application migration
- Long term evolution in high speed railway environments: Feasibility and challenges
- Automation of metro lines - Sharing key success factors to enhance performance
- IP Convergence - Running train safely whilst opening the gates to increased flexibility
- Unleashing 4G - Understanding how railway communications will look tomorrow, today
- Imagine the future of transportation with Alcatel-Lucent solutions
- A quick demo tour of our solution for railways
- IP/MPLS converged network for railways
- Securing an optical network for railways
- Jernbaneverket, the Norwegian National Rail Administration: High-speed communications network
- MBTA: Migrate network to improve rail security
- Trafikverket (former Banverket) ICT in action