Stay ahead of your ever-changing needs with the most flexible WDM solution in the market.
The Alcatel-Lucent 100G and beyond single-carrier line card family meets all of your requirements for capacity, reach and scale.
And now, we uniquely provide you 100G and 200G in a single package that is both programmable and rate adaptive. You can double your network capacity at the push of a button — without the upfront cost of buying double the capacity that you require today.
Interested in our 100G and 200G Optics solution? Contact sales
Alcatel-Lucent expands optical networking portfolio to meet enterprise and operator demand for video, cloud and data center traffic in metro networks
Metro network transport platforms must be optimized in multiple dimensions to meet the challenges triggered by growing and shifting traffic patterns. New metro network platforms must be compact, scalable and agile.
From small cities to regional capitals, the 100G ultra-broadband network is allowing Colombians to realize their potential for innovation and economic development.
Trial using 400G technology over existing network demonstrates significant increase in performance.
Alcatel-Lucent is growing momentum in 100G Agile Optical Networking with an increasing list of customer contracts and record-breaking trial speeds.
Turkey's leading telecom operator has broken a Guinness World Records' title with an 8 Terabits per second transmission rate using Alcatel-Lucent's 100G optical technology.
Reach farther, faster — at speeds of 100G and beyond
The rise of cloud services is pushing the world's networks even farther into the realm of multi-service, multi-technology architectures. Individual networks are now expected to support a diversity of traffic types and applications.
Our 100G solution can help you meet the requirements created by this expanding range of business opportunities:
- mobile backhaul
- datacenter connectivity
- enterprise verticals
Our single-carrier 100G/200G transport solution will scale your network immediately to aggregate services onto 100G wavelengths. It will gracefully evolve to 200G in transport capacity. And it will do so without any need for a hardware upgrade.
ABOUT 100G OPTICAL
Our 100G solution is designed to meet your diverse needs. Our solution is:
Agile: Take advantage of a modular, scalable platform backed by a unified management system and a resilient multi-layer control plane.
Scalable: Meet the demand for dynamic services economically with terabit-scale multi-layer switching. Embark on a seamless evolutionary path to 100G transport and beyond.
SDN-Ready: Manage unpredictable traffic dynamics swiftly, with uninterrupted service continuity. Our solution is software configurable. It establishes the underlying framework you'll need to implement SDN in the future. And with SDN, you have the intelligence and agility to support automated, real-time decision-making in response to user needs.
Our 100G and beyond solution is powered by our 400G Photonic Service Engine (PSE), which optimizes current state-of-the-art 100G technology. It provides among the:
- Farthest transmission reaches in the industry
- Highest tolerance to fiber impairments
- And greatest resilience to linear and non-linear effects, in combination with effortless configurability
And our embedded Wavelength Tracker enables complete photonic service management anywhere in the network — without terminating wavelengths.
And our 100G optics solution is more cost-efficient than comparable offers. You can minimize capital expenses, speed time to revenue, and adopt a truly NOC-based approach to lifecycle management. All with more agile service delivery and multi-layer service optimization.
ABOUT 200G OPTICAL
Our software-programmable approach gives you an efficient, cost-effective way to keep pace with skyrocketing bandwidth demand as you move from 100 to 200G.
Our 200G solution:
- Transmits over distances as great as 4,000 kilometers in 100G using DP-QPSK modulation
- Transmits as far as 1,000 kilometers in 200G mode with 16-QAM modulation
- Increases spectral density through Flexgrid channel spacing
- Enables touchless photonic management across your network with Wavelength Tracker
DEPLOY 100G TODAY AND 200G WHEN YOU NEED IT
To keep up with surging broadband traffic volumes, service providers in virtually every market are moving their optical transmission networks to 40G and 100G.
But how long will this be enough?
Protect your network from the prospect of premature fiber exhaustion and avoid investment in costly photonic overlays with our 100G and 200G solution.
Source: Consumer Fixed Voice, Internet and Broadband Services, Worldwide, 2009-2016, 4Q12 Update, Gartner, December 2012
Flexible for even the most complex optical network
Our single-carrier 100G family of optical line cards meets the full range of optical transport needs.
Do you want all-photonic transport powered by colorless, directionless, contentionless ROADMs?
Need carrier-grade Ethernet switching, transport and networking with Optical Transport Network (OTN) aggregation?
We have you covered.
Looking for a robust set of packet switching features and services?
Yes, we have that too.
Until today, optical scalability has meant costly overbuilds and ongoing investments in space and power. Our solution solves that problem with our 200G-capable 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS). With it, you gain a seamlessly scalable platform for all emerging service applications — from access to core.
The agility of our platform comes partly from the fact that wavelengths do more than just provide bulk transport — they are the foundation of a fully networked photonic infrastructure.
DOUBLE YOUR OPTICAL CAPACITY — TODAY
With our single-carrier 200G optical solution, you can deploy 200G wavelengths on your existing photonic lines — whether they are from Alcatel-Lucent or another vendor — right away.
Our 100G/200G muxponder card gives you the ability to turn up 100G on day 1. You can meet immediate demand and, through software, grow your network as traffic dictates without investing in additional hardware.
An award-winning solution
Alcatel-Lucent and BT received a Global Telecom Business Innovation Award for our Flexgrid field trial of 100G and 200G alien wavelengths over BT's existing optical network. Learn more about our successful field trail, which achieved world-record fiber speeds and spectral efficiency.
In the News
- Alcatel-Lucent expands optical networking portfolio to meet enterprise and operator demand for video, cloud and data center traffic in metro networks
- Alcatel-Lucent to double capacity of today's data transport networks by being first to deliver a single-carrier 200G DWDM optical line card
- Alestra deploys the first network in Latin America with the capacity to reach speeds of 400 gigabits per second
- Record-Breaking capacity in a 100G trial with Türk Telekom
- Alcatel-Lucent and BT achieve fastest real-world fiber speeds of 1.4Tb/s with a world record spectral efficiency of 5.7b/s/Hz over core network
- Successful field trial of 400 Gbit/s high-speed technology between Zagreb and Ljubljana
- Alcatel-Lucent to upgrade SFR ultra-broadband access network in France
- Alcatel-Lucent and Belgian public transport operator STIB install the world's largest fiber-optic network for automated rail services
- CDC-F optical networks propel us forward
- The ROADM renaissance begins
- Colombia's UNE scores with 100G network
- 100G and beyond for optical networks: From "dreamworks" to reality
- Meeting bandwidth demand with Optical Transport Networking
- The right optics: Evolving the network to meet demand
- The case for the metro core
- SDN in the MAN/WAN: Is it time to make the move?
- Shift metro networks into high gear
- Optical networks light up broadband experience
- 200G Optical Solution: What you need to know
- Lightwave byline article by Sam Bucci: Making the jump to 100G
- Enriching Communications article: Transform the Performance and Economics of Optical Networks
- TMCnet article: Alcatel-Lucent named best optical vendor in Asia-Pacific
White Papers, E-Books and Reports
- Case study: UNE secures Colombia's ultra-broadband future with 100Gbps network
- E-book: The urgent need for agility in optical networks
- Infonetics report: Service providers name top optical vendors
- White paper: Optimized 100G transport — Selecting a 100G solution optimized for scalability, performance, and cost
- Reaching farther, faster — The Alcatel-Lucent single-carrier 100G coherent solution
- LIVE 100G DEMO: 2014 Lightwave Optical Innovation Summit
- Leading industry analysts share their thoughts on the 100G market and James Watt on Alcatel-Lucent's move in coherent optical 100G
- T-Systems connected 2 high-performance computing centers with a 100 Gb/s link
- Ziggo's aggressive technology strategy built around the Alcatel-Lucent 100G solution
- ORION of Canada partnered with Alcatel-Lucent on its 100G network deployment
- What happens in the metro stays in the metro
- Move forward with CDC-F optical networks
- 200G Optical Solution: What you need to know
- Moving beyond 100G optical
- 100G in the metro
- Bring agility to your optical network
- What's next for metro transport networks
- Optical transport networks and bandwidth demand
- Bell Labs podcast: Seeing 20/20 with optical networking research - coherent processing innovations
- Metro Optical Transport platforms
- Wavelength Routing
- Cloud-Optimized Metro
- Integrated Packet Transport
- 400G Photonic Service Engine
- Converged Backbone Transformation
- Packet Optical Mobile Backhaul
- Agile Optical Networking