Scale, efficiency and versatility on a single platform - without compromise. Get a core router as powerful and innovative as the Internet it supports.
Alcatel-Lucent 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS) portfolio.
With the move to all-IP, SDN and cloud services, IP/optical integration can help operators simplify and streamline their operations while driving better cost synergies.
Ethernet services technology continues to evolve. With Ethernet VPN (EVPN), service providers can meet demand for higher speeds, sophisticated QoS and guaranteed SLAs.
A scalable and cost-optimized IP core network is a critical success factor to sustain profitable growth, and many service providers are looking to rethink and refresh their legacy core infrastructure.
World leading Internet Exchange operator DE-CIX announces the implementation of its newest interconnection platform using Alcatel-Lucent's groundbreaking 7950 XRS.
Core routing approaches today force expensive trade-offs between scale and functionality. Accept no compromises. Address core network growth with a platform that combines scale and capability with the flexibility to address future needs.
Space is finite. Are you adding more core routers, when what you want is to add capacity in your existing footprint? Grow gracefully with a core router that delivers 5x the density of what's available today.
Energy costs are high. So it's frustrating to use more and more power to operate a mounting number of core routers. Get relief with a core router that draws 66% less power than you're used to.
Inefficiency in the core is undermining your profitability. Deploy a core router that reduces your power and space requirements by 50% over a five-year horizon.
"Verizon is experiencing tremendous growth in metro Ethernet services. Platforms such as the Alcatel-Lucent 7950 XRS will help us efficiently scale to support higher speeds and new capabilities while offering efficiency and flexibility. We applaud Alcatel-Lucent for its bold approach to router value and performance."
Ihab Tarazi, Vice President Global IP and Transport Planning and Technology, Verizon
Built on a Proven Foundation
The power of FP3
Silicon innovation drives platforms such as the 7950 XRS to deliver unmatched density, scale and power efficiency. The industry's first and only 400G network processor, the in-house developed, highly programmable FP3 chipset is the foundation for Alcatel-Lucent's service provider routing systems. A 400G chipset yields the perfect geometry for full utilization in all possible configurations — which results in the highest density in the market, and lowest space and power requirements.
The reliability of a proven OS
Deployed by more than 400 service providers, the Service Router Operating System (SR OS) is the preferred OS in some of the world's largest and most resilient IP networks. The SR OS maximizes service scale and delivery with non-stop routing capabilities, and provides consistent monitoring tools across IP, MPLS and Ethernet domains. Add new suites of feature capabilities with a simple in-service software upgrade — expanding the scope of applications in your network without disruption.
Learn how the SR OS delivers reliability.
The 5620 SAM gives you a powerful end-to-end view of your network. Optimize your core network operations, scenario planning, and troubleshooting at the network, service and control plane levels. And, as you integrate IP and optical domains within the core network, the 5620 SAM gives you increased cross-layer visibility while preserving the flexibility to divide and control workflows.
Read about the benefits of the 5620 SAM in IP core and converged IP/optical core networks.
- Bell Labs study reveals how integrating IP and optical technologies can ease network capacity demands by 40% and reduce operational costs
- CenturyLink builds next generation IP core network with Alcatel-Lucent
- Alcatel-Lucent awarded bids for its ground-breaking IP core router by China Telecom, China Unicom and China Mobile
- New Zealand's Chorus selects Alcatel-Lucent's IP technology to underpin multi-million dollar investment in core infrastructure
- Elisa selects Alcatel-Lucent's most advanced IP core routing technology to meet Finland's ever-expanding need for broadband capacity
- Oct 2013: Alcatel-Lucent to provide Telenet with the world's most powerful IP core router to meet exploding video and data demand throughout Belgium
- Mar 2013: Healthcare provider UPMC selects Alcatel-Lucent's Core router and 100G optical technology in response to "big data" evolution
- XRS Boosts Telefónica's IP Core
- New World's Largest Ethernet Interconnection Platform
- Belgacom prepares network for the next decade
- Infographic: The road to a better return on network investments
- Capitalizing on IP/optical control integration
- EVPN overview presentation
- Upscaling the Metro: Deploying the 7950 XRS in the metro core
Articles and Blogs
- Buckle up, this is going to be fast: Alcatel-Lucent introduces 400G IP
- Quantifying IP/optical integration synergies
- Rely on partners for your network transformation
- Capitalizing on IP/Optical integration
- Scaling the internet for the next decade
- XRS IP Core Router: Big, bold, and booming
- Ethernet VPN (EVPN) for Integrated Layer 2-3 Services
- 3 Strategies for an IP Core Network Refresh
- Alcatel-Lucent's new core router — Off to a BIG start!
- Grow network capacity while keeping cool
- Optimize End-to-End MPLS Networks with Seamless MPLS
- Bringing the digital lifestyle home
- Why hotter networks need a cooler core
- 400G IP Interconnect solution
- 7950 XRS - Rethink the IP Core
- Highlights of the 7950 XRS Core Router
- Lightreading TV: Lindsay Newell-VP Marketing, Alcatel-Lucent
- Discover the 7950 XRS portfolio
- ACG Research talks to Basil Alwan
- Watch the 7950 XRS portfolio launch
- Techzine Interview with Ken Kutzler: 4 Principles to Building a Versatile Core
- Rethink the IP Core Network
- Introducing the FP3 Network Processor by Basil Alwan
- Ready to RETHINK the core network?