Feed the Need for Broadband
Demand for mobile broadband continues to grow, with no end in sight. Now, the industry's most comprehensive networking portfolio delivers the ultra-broadband experience with the capacity wherever and whenever it's needed. The Alcatel-Lucent lightRadio™ Network does what traditional cellular networks can no longer do: put you ahead of your customers' thirst for mobile bandwidth.
- Add capacity efficiently, intelligently, and at lower cost with the lightRadio Network.
- Increase hotspot capacity by up to 10x more than a traditional converged RAN type of network. Find out more about the Alcatel-Lucent Small Cells Portfolio
- Deploy lightRadio now to profit from the mobile data market. Read the new lightRadio Network Strategic White Paper
Deliver a Seamless Mobile Experience
Optimize capacity gains and ensure Quality of Experience for your users with lightRadio. The lightRadio Network provides a seamless experience across licensed cellular and unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum. So you can take advantage of the economics of Wi-Fi and the performance of 2G, 3G and 4G without any interruption in service or inconvenience to your subscribers. Read about the lightRadio Wi-Fi solution.
Lock in Your Competitive Advantage
lightRadio is designed, from the ground up, to support the explosive demand for mobile broadband. Do away with legacy platforms designed for voice and messaging, and benefit from the unprecedented scale, flexibility and modularity in platforms and network architecture that lightRadio enables. lightRadio offers you:
Green Your Network
Increase acceptance for new sites and reduce your carbon footprint by deploying a network specifically designed to blend in with the environment.
Green Your Network
lightRadio Small Cells have been designed to blend in with the environment. That means they face significantly fewer zoning barriers than a traditional cell site. We paid special attention to industrial design and power consumption as we developed lightRadio, and the result is nearly invisible elements that consume less power than alternate options. For example, the lightRadio Cube elements use about 35% less power than a comparable remote radio head based installation. Over five years, the CO2 emission savings from deploying the lightRadio Network in a major city such as New York is equal to removing 14,000 cars from the roads!
Adapt to Market Changes
With new devices entering the market at a rapid pace, you want to know that you can adapt quickly. The lightRadio Network is agile and flexible, equipping you to keep pace with changing capacity demands in access, transport and core domains of your network.
Adapt to Market Changes
Adapt quickly to changing data demands with the lightRadio Network. Even as new types of devices and applications hit your network, you can rely on the agility and flexibility of the lightRadio Network to help you respond to changing capacity demands in the access, transport and core domains of network. The modularity of the Wideband Active Antenna Array (WB-AAA) means it can easily scale up or down to satisfy different coverage or capacity needs. Virtualization of capacity, control and management gives you even greater flexibility. By hosting these functions on standard IT equipment and locating them in the "cloud", you can adapt to changes in demand based on time and location and also scale capacity without restrictions on space or cost at a cell site.
Read the lightRadio White Paper: Technology Overview
"Etisalat is a pioneer in delivering innovative services and applications to our customers to meet their needs in both their social and work lives. This agreement will allow us to shape the future of mobile networks and define how lightRadio can be best implemented to satisfy our customers growing demands. Etisalat is proud to be the only operator in the Middle East and Africa to join this pioneering program."
Nasser bin Obood, Acting CEO- Etisalat
"Co-development with Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs will benefit evolving our network technology to support the next generation of mobile-based applications, experiences, economies, and social networks."
Wang Jianzhou, Chairman of China Mobile
"Claro Puerto Rico continues to lead the market with the most advanced technology on the island's most powerful network. With speeds as high as 100 megabits per second, our subscribers will enjoy the most advanced wireless broadband services. This includes, amongst others, HD video with Video on Demand, at least 10 times faster high-speed navigation, high definition videoconferencing, online gaming and other applications."
Enrique Ortiz de Montellano, President of America Movil's operations in Puerto Rico
- Alcatel-Lucent joins Wireless City Planning, mobile operator led by SOFTBANK, to bring next-generation, high quality mobile broadband services to Japan
- Alcatel-Lucent helps China Telecom expand its network to bring high-quality mobile broadband services to millions of new subscribers
- Alcatel-Lucent and CNT to enrich communication in Ecuador by deploying an advanced 3G mobile broadband network
- Zain KSA selects Alcatel-Lucent for major IP backhaul upgrade in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Alcatel-Lucent and China Unicom boost 3G network to meet rising customer demand for mobile broadband services
- Alcatel-Lucent and Etisalat to transform efficiency of delivering mobile broadband services in United Arab Emirates with lightRadio™ collaboration
- Alcatel-Lucent and China Mobile to Co-Develop Future of Mobile Networks
- America Movil selects Alcatel-Lucent as a provider of LTE infrastructure for 4G networks in Latin America
- Preparing for LTE™ - Learn how to deploy – and profit from—4G LTE architectures.
- Hassle-free Wi-Fi - Simple, secure, high-speed Wi-Fi access with lightRadio Wi-Fi.
- Small Cells - Big Opportunities - Understand your options for adding capacity and coverage.
- From vision to execution - Transform your network with a proven Services partner
- Redefine the Wireless Experience - Scale and high performance with the Ultimate Wireless Packet Core
- Operators 'ready to try' Bell Labs' cubes in small-cell LTE, says Alcatel-Lucent's Marcus Weldon
- Tiny Transmitters Could Help Avert Data Throttling
- Managing the Mobile Customer Experience
- It Pays to be Proactive
- Dynamic Policy Management: An Engine for Network Monetization
- Living & Breathing Innovation Series: lightRadio
- Watch a playlist of lightRadio videos on YouTube
- Watch lightRadio Cube overview
- Telesemana lightRadio Interview (In Spanish)
- Tod Sizer – Bell Labs, Head of Wireless Research
- Find out more about the benefits of lightRadio
- Find out more about lightRadio Cube
- Cityscape: View interactive wireless deployment scenarios