The Alcatel-Lucent End-to-End Voice over LTE (E2E VoLTE) solution helps you deliver voice that enriches the LTE experience. This solution enables you to use voice to boost data revenues and attract new customers, because it equips you with more spectrum for LTE data. 4G LTE subscribers consume 168% more data than 3G, and our VoLTE solution helps you ensure an always-on data experience for your 4G LTE customers, allowing them to use their favorite data applications and voice applications simultaneously. The solution also enables better mobile voice and messaging that adds video and application innovation to your offers. With Alcatel-Lucent Ultra-Broadband and our E2E VoLTE solution, you can build stronger bonds with customers by offering a New Conversation Experience of advanced communications that combine the speed of LTE with the limitless possibilities of the cloud.
Learn what industry experts are saying about VoLTE:
Learn how to improve the user-experience by breaking down the silos of access, services and devices. Extend access, Add IM, video and content sharing. And make it work on multiple devices.
In a world’s first, SRG independently assessed AT&T’s VoLTE service, comparing it to 3G and Skype™ under real-world conditions. The report quantifies performance in an extensive study in AT&T’s Minneapolis / St Paul market.
New mobile analytics show the latest OTT trends and how VoLTE's quality of experience can change the perspective on OTT apps.
Building a better LTE experience
LTE has made its name by providing the performance and speed that mobile consumers crave. Now the pressure is on to more broadly deliver these higher speeds and a better LTE experience. Voice is a key element to achieve these goals, and it is central to your brand. You need to keep delivering on voice expectations and capitalize on new opportunities that come with the transition to all-IP networks. But time is tight and new programs must quickly deliver results.
Your challenges are clear: Deploy VoLTE quickly to widen LTE’s availability and extract more value from your LTE network. Keep up with demand for more captivating LTE experiences. Build a richer and more diverse communications offer while improving your operational efficiency.
Win the Race to LTE Success
Service providers are racing to deliver faster and better LTE services — because getting LTE to market early is shown to increase revenue and market share. Our experience can help you win the race. As an LTE industry leader, with 40+ LTE deployments, our overlay strategy is proven to get you to market faster. And you can sell more LTE data, because VoLTE enables a greater total capacity for all of your spectrum holdings and it turns your subscribers into all-IP users. We back our end-to-end VoLTE solution with complete LTE, Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) portfolios, which are optimized today for LTE’s services, traffic and signaling. Our solution is delivered by our professional services experts that bring wireless and IP know-how plus the right tools and processes that speed up VoLTE’s deployment and get it right the first time.
Deliver a Limitless Mobile Experience
Mobile customers want more from the LTE experience. They want to use LTE’s data all the time, instead of losing it during fallbacks to legacy voice. They need improved mobile voice that sounds better and is easier use in new applications. We’ve used our products and expertise to help the world’s VoLTE leaders prepare their networks so that they can get closer to their customers by making VoLTE a reality. We can do the same for you. Our communications and customer experience portfolios (including Motive device management, analytics and smart data pricing plans) deliver the limitless LTE experience your customers demand. Our platform focus enhances your VoLTE offer and inspires customers to spend more time on your network.
Be the Preferred Experience
VoLTE will help spur the rise of a "New Conversation Experience" that incorporates video, WebRTC and RCS capabilities. It is a key part of a larger evolution towards the nimble, open and API-accessible carrier cloud. Our end-to-end VoLTE solution brings robust performance together with open innovation by you and your application partners, to help you bring new conversations to new devices and screens. A sound investment in VoLTE helps ensure that your conversation experience is the one that customers prefer.
An end-to-end VoLTE solution
The E2E VoLTE solution brings together the best features of our industry leading LTE, EPC and IMS portfolios, which are optimized for the next generation of IP driven applications and services. The solution has been fully validated through tests spanning the Radio Access Network (RAN), EPC and IMS. It has been integrated into the world’s largest multi-vendor VoLTE networks by professional services people who’ve gained critical knowledge in how to efficiently and effectively deliver a VoLTE network. It unites E2E VoLTE with the innovative power of open APIs and a broad range of platforms designed to further enhance the customer experience. It’s ready for you.
Our lightRadio LTE RAN portfolio unleashes mobile broadband innovation with solutions that deliver high speeds, massive capacity and superior network performance. We enable you to realize new business models, tap new revenue streams and deliver the superior experiences that mobile customers demand.
Our EPC portfolio provides an IP-optimized, high-performance packet core that sits at the heart of the mobile network. It is built to ensure the highest quality of experience (QoE) and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) – even with exponential growth in users, devices and network applications.
Our IMS Communications portfolio provides the foundation for creating a captivating conversation experience that spans devices, screens, applications and services. Open, scalable and programmable, it fast-tracks innovation with IMS APIs and WebRTC, which helps you build voice, video and RCS into applications, websites and browsers.
The Motive Customer Care portfolio helps service providers forge stronger and more valuable customer relationships. Its solutions can enable you to foster brand loyalty by building customer-focused improvements into your products and services.
The 9900 Wireless Network Guardian uses network probes and analytics to provide insights into the relationship between IP traffic, network loading and customer experience. These insights can help you troubleshoot and address performance issues that affect users, applications or devices.
Our Policy and Charging solutions offer flexible, context-specific real-time charging models and policy plans for voice, data, video and content/commerce services. These solutions can help you simplify user engagement, personalize service offers and extend your reach through partner ecosystems.
Our Professional Services experts bring the depth of expertise required to deliver the VoLTE network end to end, across all solution components (RAN, EPC, and IMS). Through field proven tools from our Bell Labs innovation, and best practices from years as market leaders in LTE and IMS delivery, we ensure VoLTE is rolled-out with minimal risk and faster time to market. Our optimization services guarantee performance by analyzing the E2E VoLTE network KPIs (Key performance indicators) and improving Quality of Experience (QoE), leading to end user satisfaction, loyalty and revenue growth.
- Telefónica shows fully virtualized network live in MWC-2015
- Summit Tech and Alcatel-Lucent Unveil First VoLTE/RCS Connected Car at MWC-2015
- D2 Technologies, InterDigital and Alcatel-Lucent to demonstrate advanced mobile IP communications solution at MWC-2015
- Alcatel-Lucent Voice over LTE named “Best Mobile Network Product for Serving Customers” by GSMA
- AT&T Introduces High-Definition Voice in Initial Markets
- AT&T Expands Its User-Defined Network Cloud Program by Adding Alcatel-Lucent
- Verizon Advanced Calling 1.0 Enabled by VoLTE Technology
- KPN Starts Pilot of Voice over LTE
- SFR inaugurates laboratory and tests making of Voice over LTE calls
- Alcatel-Lucent and APT to build new Taiwan 4G LTE network to deliver high quality voice and advanced mobile communication services
- Alcatel-Lucent wins breakthrough contract in Scandinavia with AINMT to deploy 4G LTE mobile broadband
- Signals Research Group study shows commercially deployed VoLTE service better than 3G and Internet calling services such as Skype™
- Alcatel-Lucent and Bouygues Telecom strengthen their partnership in IP networks, fixed and mobile
- C Spire Using Alcatel-Lucent to Deploy 4G LTE High-Speed Mobile Broadband Services
Articles and Blogs
- Take Full Advantage of LTE with VoWiFi
- Analytics Beat: Addressing the threat from OTT voice apps with VoLTE
- HD Voice – Turning up the nuance
- The proof is in: Measuring VoLTE, 3G and Skype in the Live Network
- VoLTE is here. So what’s next?
- Europe and Asia Pacific operators now "players" in new digital economy with jump to VoLTE
- The Secret Value of VoLTE (part 3) - What's in it for Consumers?
- We ask the Experts: How can exceptional QoE be achieved in VoLTE networks
Videos and Podcasts
- MWC-2015: The Future of Voice – Rethinking the User Experience and Opening New Markets
- VoLTE is here; What comes next?
- Now+Next: Voice over LTE
- Deploying LTE: the Verizon experience
- VoLTE - Opportunity and Innovation
- Video: What is a conversation?
- Enabling VoLTE success with a flexible policy and charging solution
- The LTE Network Architecture
- Intelligent Network Services Migration
- Building a Social Conversation Experience with RCS
- Enliven Conversations with Video
- The New Conversation Experience
- Service Consistency for Today's VoLTE Subscribers (3GPP ICS)
- Service Continuity for Today's VoLTE Subscribers (3GPP SRVCC, eSRVCC)
- Examining the Case for VoLTE and Rich Communications (HeavyReading)
- VoLTE: The New Mobile Conversation
- Delivering Voice in the Emerging Era of LTE
- IP-Optimized Mobile Gateway
- Managing LTE Core Network Signaling Traffic