Alcatel-Lucent WebRTC helps service providers deliver communications as a web experience. Building on the WebRTC standard, this solution enables you to extend your brand to the web and create a new conversation experience that unifies the telecom and web domains. With Alcatel-Lucent WebRTC, you get the tools you need to create new applications for consumers and empower enterprise customers with IT-centric communications.
Our WebRTC solution makes it easy to embed real-time communications into applications, websites and browsers. It opens up new opportunities to capitalize on existing network investments and enhance the customer experience. By using your network to extend cohesive value across telecom and the web, you can increase your total addressable market, create new markets and inspire web developers' innovation.
Learn what industry experts and customers are saying about WebRTC:
- News: WebRTC Pioneer Award
- Video: The WebRTC Opportunity
- White paper: WebRTC IMS Systems and WebRTC Proprietary Islands
- Audio podcast: Alcatel-Lucent's WebRTC solution stands out from the competition
WebRTC: OUR SOLUTION
Differentiate from web-only providers with one adaptive strategy that unifies mobile devices, browsers and applications. Simplify and enhance people's experiences by giving them a shared identity that spans the telecom and web domains.
Increase your brand's reach and generate new revenue by opening communications to innovation. Build direct and profitable links with consumers by offering applications and services that get you into new markets and onto multiple devices.
Rethink your enterprise strategy with IT-centric communications that free enterprises from proprietary unified communication silos. Deliver greater cost savings and increase productivity by streamlining IT and communications platforms.
A Complete WebRTC Solution
To make the move to WebRTC, you need a highly scalable communications system that fast-tracks innovation. Our solution's five built-in tools give you a quick start while ensuring that your WebRTC applications scale from the lab to the web.
Our SERVER LIBRARIES of New Conversation APIs can turn your IMS network into a cloud-based platform for rapid web innovation. These APIs let you deliver new services and applications in weeks instead of years. They also help foster innovation by giving in-house and third-party web developers easy access to key network assets such as voice, video, messaging and presence.
Our DEVELOPER PORTAL provides a fast prototyping environment in which service providers, enterprises, web developers and systems integrators can develop and pre-validate WebRTC apps. You start with the same commercial software and APIs deployed by our customers. This makes your apps more discoverable by the world's leading networks. Then, using our tools and sandbox, you can develop, test and validate applications, services and clients in a matter of weeks or even days.
Our WebRTC BORDER CONTROLLER bridges the web to your network. It is implemented on our field-proven IP Border Controller (IBC). Purpose-built for multimedia and naturally supporting the web, the IBC delivers superior performance through capabilities such as enhanced security, fast handling of mass registration events and Single Radio Voice Call Continuity for Voice over LTE. The IBC scales readily to support growing web and VoLTE traffic volumes, and requires half the number of SBCs used for typical deployments. With our IBC, you can keep up with growing markets and enjoy OPEX savings year after year.
Our WebRTC-VERIFIED IMS provides a field-proven platform for communications that includes critical functions like session logic, identity management, routing, security, transcoding, interconnection, operations and regulatory support. It also provides key features for voice, video, messaging and presence services. By complementing these capabilities with support for virtualization and cloud services, our IMS solutions put you on a clear path to agile service delivery.
Articles & White Papers
- WebRTC: Reach the Web with a New Conversation Experience
- White Paper: The New Conversation Experience: It's time to reinvent communications
- White Paper: WebRTC IMS Systems and WebRTC Proprietary Islands
- Blog: WebRTC: Where Telecom Meets the Web
- Blog: Are APIs the Next Killer App?
- Blog: WebRTC Event Highlights the New Era of Communications
Services & Solutions
- Demo- Quobis: Enhanced Sippo Web App Controller
- Demo- Apizee: Service Continuity to Web Contact Center
- Demo- Phonedeck: Mobile Integration into CRM Systems
- Demo- Alcatel-Lucent Expose Assets to Web Content Management Systems
- Demo- NewAer: Proximity Based Calling
- Demo- Alten: Enriched Unknown Number
- WebRTC Expo, Alcatel-Lucent Conference Keynote
- NCTA Cable Show 2013
- Video: The WebRTC Opportunity
- MWC 2013: Bridging Telecom and the Web
- Bell Labs Innovation Project: Charades
- Introducing the Alcatel-Lucent New Conversation APIs
- Bell Labs Innovation Project: Immersive Communications
- What is a Conversation?