Wireline Mobile Backhaul
Wireline Mobile Backhaul helps you leverage the power of your fixed broadband access network to efficiently manage the growing traffic on mobile networks. The Alcatel-Lucent ISAM access portfolio, which is part of the end-to-end Wireline Mobile Backhaul solution, offers high-density, premium broadband services. The solution scales well, excels in availability, troubleshooting and monitoring tools, and offers advanced Service Level Agreements. The ISAM portfolio provides a flexible mix of advanced access technologies such as VDSL2 with vectoring, GPON, XG-PON1 and point-to-point fiber.
Wireline Mobile Backhaul is a key component in the Alcatel-Lucent end-to-end mobile backhaul solution, which provides the flexibility, scale and operational simplicity to lower the total cost of ownership and simultaneously enhance the mobile service experience.
Wireline Mobile Backhaul helps you leverage your network’s assets to address the growing demand for mobile bandwidth.
- Fastest return on investment
- Increased return on investment on existing broadband networks with metro mobile backhaul revenues
- Improved business case for deploying fiber when metro mobile backhaul revenues are included
- Reduced time to market and faster ROI from reuse of existing copper infrastructure with VDSL2
- Low cost alternative
- Reuse of outside plant copper and fiber assets, which have been deployed for residential access
- Low-cost broadband aggregation from existing access nodes, such as DSLAMs and PON OLTs, minimizing port consumption on relatively expensive switches and routers
- No need to deploy expensive, purpose-built overlay network
- Bandwidth scalability for evolving demands
- GPON network support for 2.5 Gb/s downstream and 1.25 Gb/s upstream
- Support for XG-PON1, which can be overlaid when needed to quadruple bandwidth to 10G
- 100 Mb/s on a single twisted pair via VDSL2 with vectoring
- Ability to increase VDSL2 bandwidth as needed by bonding up to 8 pairs
- Flexibility for increased coverage
- Broadband access networks located close to areas of mobile growth
- Converged copper and fiber access supporting all access needs as they arise
- Reduced footprint and installation effort at any indoor or outdoor GPON-fed location with SFP ONT
- Reduced dependency on local power with network power options for VDSL2
Wireline Mobile Backhaul relies on ISAM IP/Ethernet products to support a mix of advanced access technologies such as VDSL2 with vectoring, GPON, XG-PON1 and point-to-point fiber in virtually any network.